We invite you to join us!
For more than 50 years, the Eugene Symphony Guild has supported the Eugene Symphony through fundraising, educational programs, and outreach activities dedicated to bringing music to the community and the community to music. We have also donated more than $1.3 million directly to the Eugene Symphony Association.
The Guild provides a rich variety of opportunities to support the Eugene Symphony and to enjoy the company of other dedicated community volunteers. Read on for general information about joining the Guild. If you have questions, please call Carolyn Abbott at 541-485-3143 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download a new member application, print, complete, and mail with dues payment to the Guild.
Click here to download a renewal form, print, complete, and mail with dues payment to the Guild.
NOTE: if you wish to renew your membership online, please be sure you are logged-in to this site before clicking the link:
Click here to apply online as a new member or renew your membership.
Active Member Dues and Expectations
- Active Member dues are $40 per year and are tax deductible.
- Active Members are responsible for selling/buying a limited number of tickets to the Guild’s public fundraising events.
- Active Members are expected to serve on one or more committees per year: filling board positions, organizing and co-hosting small events, and/or staffing large public events.
- Active Members are expected to attend monthly meetings.
Sustaining Member Dues and Expectations
To become a Sustaining Member, you must be an Active Member for three (3) consecutive years. Sustaining Members are valued for their past and current service, as well as their wisdom, guidance, and companionship.
- Sustaining Member dues are $125 per year and are tax deductible.
- Sustaining Members are not expected to sell/buy event tickets.
- Sustaining Members are encouraged to attend monthly meetings.
- Join or chair a fundraising event committee: Music in the Garden, Musical Chairs, Fall/Holiday Event.
- Hold a position on the board of directors.
- Usher at a Youth Concert at the Hult Center.
- Support our Concert Previews, Young Artist Competition, Guild Roster production, Membership Recruitment/Renewal efforts, and more.
- Assist Eugene Symphony Association staff with office tasks as needed.
Membership Meetings and Social Groups
General meetings are held monthly September through June, often with a guest musician from the Symphony, a guest speaker, and a brief business meeting with reports on upcoming activities. At our June Annual Luncheon meeting, we elect new officers and present the Eugene Symphony Association representatives with our check representing the fruits of our labors during the past year.
A number of interest groups meet monthly in members’ homes, and our monthly Happy Hour is held at a local business. Members receive The Prelude, our monthly newsletter with updates of Guild meetings and events.
Benefits to Symphony Guild Members
- Many opportunities to meet and socialize with friendly, diverse, local music lovers.
- Meet and hear musicians and/or guest speakers at monthly general meetings.
- Guaranteed Eugene Symphony in the Park tickets.
- Discounted tickets to the Guild-sponsored concert, and an invitation to the post-concert reception. Free concert tickets are often awarded as door prizes at our general meetings.
- The satisfaction of knowing that you support the arts in our community.